PokerStars LIVE Macau has announced the official schedule for the 27th installment of the Macau Poker Cup (MPC27) which takes place from August 25 to September 10.
MPC27 will once again feature the legendary HK$15,000 Red Dragon Main Event which comes with a HK$10 million prize pool guarantee. The 17-day schedule includes 29 Official Asia Player of the Year events.
Last February, the Red Dragon surpassed its own record as Asia Pacific’s largest freezeout with 1,216 players and nearly HK$16 million in prize money. Alan Lau, the 2015 Asia Player of the Year, defeated the record breaking field to hoist the iconic trophy – earning him a HK$3,265,000 (~USD $420,000) payday.
Overall, the previous MPC tournaments totalled 5,527 participants and awarded over HK$58 million (USD $7.5 million).
“This is clearly the golden era of the Macau Poker Cup.” said Mark Blake, PokerStars Head of Live Events in the Asia Pacific. “The MPC has a huge, and growing, following and that’s translated into five consecutive records for both overall prize money and players. I fully expect that upwards trend to continue.”
The opening weekend launches with the HK$2,000 Kickoff (300K GTD) and HK$10,000 NLH (800K GTD) events.
Meanwhile, the second weekend is highlighted by the surging HK$8,000 Baby Dragon (2M GTD). Prior to 2016, the Baby Dragon event had never cracked the 400-player mark. However, that appears to be well in the past with the last iteration drawing 602 players and HK$4.2 million in prize money.
The HK$100,000 Single Day High Roller and HK$80,000 High Roller will now introduce a 30-second shot clock. The previous MPC saw the two high stakes events combine for 211 runners and gave more than HK$17.2 million in prize money.
The HK$25,000 NLH event has seen its prize pool guarantee jump from HK$1 million to HK$3 million.
MPC27 SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS
(all figures in HKD)
▪ Aug 25 @ 2.00 PM: $3,000 Kickoff (300K GTD, Unlimited Re-Entries) – Day 1a
▪ Aug 25 @ 7.00 PM: $3,000 Kickoff (300K GTD, Unlimited Re-Entries) – Day 1b
▪ Aug 26 @ 5.00 PM: $10,000 NLH (800K GTD)
▪ Aug 31 @ 7.00 PM: $5,000 Megastack (500K GTD)
▪ Sep 1 @ 6.00 PM: $8,000 Baby Dragon (2M GTD)
▪ Sep 2 @ 4.00 PM: $50,000 NLH
▪ Sep 3 @ 2.00 PM: $15,000 RED DRAGON (10M GTD) – Day 1a
▪ Sep 4 @ 1.00 PM: $100,000 Single Day High Roller (Shot Clock, Single Re-Entry)
▪ Sep 4 @ 2.00 PM: $15,000 RED DRAGON (10M GTD) – Day 1b
▪ Sep 5 @ 7.00 PM: $15,000 RED DRAGON (10M GTD) – Day 1c
▪ Sep 7 @ 7.00 PM: $25,000 NLH (3M GTD)
▪ Sep 8 @ 7.30 PM: $80,000 High Roller (Shot Clock, Unlimited Re-Entries)
For the complete MPC27 schedule please visit www.PokerStarsLIVEMacau.com
*All PokerStars LIVE Macau events are subject to regulatory approval.